Friday, April 17, 2009

Self-Worth

Why do we tie our worthiness to other people, things or ideas?

This is something I talked about earlier, that as an artist if I talk about my day with other non creative type people at times they can make it seem as if I am just wasting my day and/or Life...

This attitude keeps(kept) trickling into my consciousness and I have believed that I am not worthy because I am not "doing" something for someone else...or that I don't have a "tangible" product done everyday after 5pm...

A lot of this is now has become my own internal struggle that I have with myself now... I've allowed side comments and other remarks curtail my forward progress and slow me down with second guessing of myself and my purpose here.

I deny my possibilities...

I create a world rooted in only what I can see and creatively that hampers me. I keep running back to that comfortable place of insecurity masked as security and more feelings of inadequacy...

It becomes a perpetual cycle of never-ending doubt and denial of my true Self... Yep!

A Rut...

As I recognize this I can now move forward and deal with it... Honestly and deliberately... Moving past the past and on to a brighter Now!

The future is cool, but I am rooted in having a better Now... which leads to a better tomorrow...

0 comments: