So I have this thing about being humble, not letting my head get to big for my britches as they say. In an effort to do this I've noticed that I would play small. If someone gave me a compliment or said something complimentary to me, instead of just simply saying Thank You, I would downplay my skills and talents. Sometimes it would almost get to the point where it was self-deprecating behavior on my part.
Yeah...
I was not really doing myself any justice and was probably really annoying... Life brings people in our Life to at times give us a glimpse of who we really are. And a while back I met an extremely talented person and I was giving them their props and the response was always kind of negative...then it dawned on me...
Whoa...
Did I sound like that?
Was I that annoying with my deflection of compliments?
Probably so! I have given up that a minute ago... and am truly confident in the Talents and Gifts that I've been Blessed with...
Flip side...
The first time I ever stepped into Agape they had a guest speaker... Bro Ishmael Tetteh, and the person who introduced him lavished him with all kinds of praise...so I was kind of excited to hear him... He said thank you to the person and then said everything she says is(brief pause) is true... So I was like Word? ... Then he goes on to explain that We are all created in the Image and Likeness of The Divine and it is impossible for us to be anything other than spectacular.
Hmmm...
It made much sense to me back then...still does, but now I am able and willing to not just understand what he means but Live it daily...
There is no need for me(or anyone reading this) to play small.
It serves no purpose...
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment