Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy Anniversary

*exhaling*

Yeah so one year ago today I set out to change my thoughts and change my life. Inspired by Wayne Dyer title to his book, I decided that enough was enough and mediocre thinking was no longer a valid option. So yeah, as I was posting a blog this week I was curious about when I started blogging about it, and to my surprise I was coming up on a year of postings. As I went back I could feel myself holding back on what was really happening with me. Even as I type this I feel like something more should be coming out. But as they say, "It is what it is."... Yeah... I looked back for a brief moment over this year really curious as to if and how I have changed my thoughts. I did change a lot! I grew immensely. I shared more of myself than I ever have. I recognized and realized my passion as a filmmaker and storyteller. I have cultivated a lot of new and inspiring relationships, while eliminating a few toxic ones. My penchant for procrastinating is still pretty steady to say the least, but I am moving in a direction I like. Back to the thoughts though, because that is what is important to my Spiritual, Physical and Emotional survival! I was expecting some overnight revelations and shifts that would be evident to everyone and everything. I was expecting to walk on water and elevate the whole planet with me. I was expecting instead of allowing. So while my thoughts have "improved" the next phase in the process is to not put expectations on the change, and simply Be that Change. Live the growth, and to not worry about if others are noticing. Be Still and Know.

Over the next phase of my journey (without putting any pressure or expectation) I will be looking at my thoughts around money, intimacy and relationships. I have mentioned before I had (can't claim it as my Now) a poor relationship with loot. I would not be able to keep it simply because I feared losing it. I had unhealthy upbringings surrounding it and never learned how to deal with it properly. I recognized it and know it stems from my overall thinking that wealth and financial security is for the chosen few and I felt that I was outside of that circle looking in. Intimacy....hmmm...yeah...not just on the physical level, but really letting folks (some) know the real me. The other me. The blog is cool, but it still allows me to keep folks at a comfortable distance. *Sidebar*... I never really came to far out of my comfort zone over this last year. Whenever challenges arose I retreated back to a comfortable position. So with changing my thoughts has to come a change in actions. ok, back to our regularly scheduled programming. So I have to trust that the friends I have can honor the space in which we choose to share our feelings, dreams or anything else that should come up. The same way that I have to honor that space for them. I am still bottling stuff up to a certain degree, and it is past time to open that cap. Relationships and intimacy kind of go hand in hand(is it hand in hand or hand n hand on hand and hand), but I also mean business and artistic relationships too. My personal aloofness has meandered over into how I deal with folks on the business and artistic side as well. I kept my creative dreams locked down, for fear that they wouldn't be well received. So now it is just about creating the vision and allowing it to go where it may. No expectations. No Doubt.

Well all of that is to say. Yes I have grown. I am moving in a direction I can see mySelf being successful in. I must honor my ideas as real and necessary. Gotta meditate, pray and journal a little more and continue to story tell. I love it. More importantly I gotta gotta gotta keep being honest with Me! Keep loving and appreciating me, and keep honoring the Divine within Me (and You too).

0 comments: