Friday, September 18, 2009
Smile
Since I can remember I have always been asked the question, “Why do you smile so much?” or would hear… “You smile all the time.” I would usually just shrug it off with no response or some vague statement like “because I can.” The other day when again posed with the question after giving my usual response… I thought to myself “Why do I smile ‘all the time’?” Really it is more than just because I can, but deep down I always knew and know that no matter what the situation or circumstance I would be fine(better than fine actually). I know innately that better days are ahead, and I look forward to those days. Even when confronted with a taxing situation where heavy “lifting” needed(needs) to be done, doing it with a smile allows the time to go by quicker and yes the work still gets done. I smile because really it is what I do best, and I love to do it. I’ve done it for so long that I don’t know how not to. I smile because on more than one occasion someone has told me how much it has helped them. I smile because most days I have the most insanely comical thoughts running through my mind. I smile because the melodies are beautiful. I smile because it beats the alternative. I smile because it goes a long way. I smile because I am ME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment