Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Dope Art

That is very much a subjective thing. I get that and I am not here to be a judge and critique things. No, that is not the purpose of this blog today...

What I will rap about is how amazing artists and their art move me.

Yeah...

When I am creatively blocked, I can look at a picture, listen to a song or watch a movie... whatever it may be and I am instantly(most times) elevated out my humdrums and back on course...

Today was very much that type of day... First I listened to Mos Def new CD(download whatever it is called nowadays)... anywho there is this song on there called Roses that just picked me up so much I had to listen to it over and over again...Right... so now my Spirit is raised as I am walking through Studio City getting my energy flowing again...

BAM...

I get home and log onto facebook...why not??? and a cat I knew from way back when sends me a chat link to his online radio show...

BOOM...

Old Skool Philly Classic stuff is blazin' in my ear... now my creative block is really getting lifted and I am seeing colors, shapes, ideas and things I have not seen in a while...

Then I think back to this weekend and the benefit show I was Blessed enough to volunteer at on Saturday and the Artists who graced the stage that day...

Now I am really grooving, and remember what I told myself a while ago...

Art is not always created in an instant!

Sometimes(most times) it has to marinate in the mind(imagination) for a while and take shape...form Itself...get its own breath!

It will not be done from 9 to 5( on some days it may work out that way...hooray if it does) so I have to stop beating myself up over that, and allow it to Be what it is going to be...

I can see the definite progress, and I know I am closer than I have ever been to finishing my film and my EP to follow...

Life is so very Grand...The is the Truth I have to remember...

0 comments: