I am a firm believer in the Law Of Attraction. I have
experienced it in the most auspicious ways and I’ve also experienced in the
most excruciating ways. Thoughts create
things; our thoughts are our most powerful tool we have. When we allow our
imagination to be itself and run wild with love beautiful things happen.
Conversely when fear and insecurity control the same imagination, well let’s
just say beauty is not the end result. What can start out as an imagined dragon
when given enough fuel to grow can and will materialize in our lives. Well it
has in mine. Be it health issues or moments of financial insecurities; when I
dwelled in the dungeons of my own thoughts eventually I reaped that rotten
unwanted fruit. Not all real issues and problems are merely extensions of our
own thoughts and doing. I mean, we live in a world where we interact with other
people and Life happens organically (or not). When my personal situation is going
astray, I am learning (not always succeeding) to stop and take inventory of my
own thoughts and ideas in that moment. Am I ushering in this scenario? Is a
question I ask myself. If I recognize that I am then I gently remind myself to
“stop and breathe”. Self-recognition is
the key to growth, and more importantly self-love is essential to healing of
our emotional wounds.
"Before you get something in your hand, you must first
get something in your mind." Dr. Mary Tumpkins
So this post is one week in the making. I wrote the first
paragraph, and in true Mark fashion I got distracted. I came across the above
quote which coincided with where I thought I wanted to go with the rest of it.
Then I went to Philly for a visit, and another lesson resurfaced. That powerful
thing called heredity! Yeah it is not just physical, but I believe it can carry
down through mannerisms, thoughts and ideas. I don’t believe it an irreversible
thing, but it is still powerful nonetheless. I’ve mentioned on a few occasions
before that my Dad and I did not spend a lot of time together during my
childhood, but some of his ways and thinking seem to mirror mine. More
specifically, they were some things about myself that I’ve been looking to
improve upon. Not that they were bad or whatever, just needed some tweaking.
The space that I’m in right now is allowing me to see clearly that changes need
to be made in my Life. Seeing where some of these habits come from (without
placing “blame”) allows me to approach them from a broader perspective, and be gentler
with myself in the process. It also brings to light some of the things that
were hidden and didn’t quite fit. In other words, I can go deeper now that I
have a better frame of reference for some of the questions I had. I’m grateful for the recognition and the process.
0 comments:
Post a Comment