Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sunday Morning (written)



As I walked to the market this morning, I noticed how serene Brooklyn is on Sunday Mornings. Granted most area are indeed more low key on Sunday, but it seems that of all the places I've been the transition from Saturday to Sunday seems to be the greatest in Brooklyn. It is amazing actually. The pace slows and the folks seem more polite. Especially in Flatbush where there were no less than 10 church services between my apartment and the market...


The calmness was intense!


So many thoughts have been running through my head lately. I feel artistically I am being challenged, and it frightening to be quite honest. Some new forms of creativity are striving to get out, and the safe Mark has been resisting this rigorously. As I walked through the calmness of Brooklyn noticing the stark difference of one day to the next it occurred to me that creativity (my creativity) doesn't have to limited. Duh right? Sometimes I get so locked in on one way, and forget to step back and breathe. Sunday walks help me to remember that.

Thank you Brooklyn...Be easy...





0 comments: