Happy Anniversary to me! One year ago to the day I made my journey back to my beloved Brooklyn not knowing what exactly it held for me. I knew I needed a change, and Brooklyn had been calling my name for quite sometime. Overall the change has been fruitful and I am glad that I made the move back. It hasn’t been without its pitfalls for nothing in life is indeed perfect and if we live long enough there will be challenges that disturb our groove and alter our plans. I can honestly say that I am happier than I’ve been for sometime, and that is not at all a knock on LA. I truly dug my time there and built some relationships that will last for an eternity. I learned a lot about selfless giving and developed a stronger Spiritual foundation while I was there. As I was telling my brother Zaid when I wake up on Saturday mornings I feel lost knowing that I won’t being going to Peace4Kids. We move on though. Change is inevitable and this change has done me well. I’ve learned that with me not much is permanent and there may be (probably will be) a time where I need to pack up again and see what else is out there for me. Or not. I am learning to be flexible and open. As my Dad told me a few weeks back “don’t be one of those people that get set in your ways and only look for one way to do things.” I am taking (accepting) Life as it comes, and am better for it. I think that is about it. Yep. Word.
Friday, December 6, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment